BENEFITS OF PORCELAIN VENEERS BY OUR FLORIDA COSMETIC DENTIST
As time goes on, our teeth begin to wear down, they become more vulnerable to damage, and it’s almost inevitable to avoid chips, cracks, discoloration, and similar dental health care problems. These issues can turn any smile into a frown, and can, in fact, lead to greater health problems down the road. By covering the blemishes on your teeth, porcelain veneers can help restore the luster to your smile. After a quick procedure, you won’t miss a chance to show off your picture-perfect grin. In what follows, we detail what porcelain veneers are and how they can benefit you.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
A Porcelain Veneer is a thin shell made from tooth-colored material (porcelain) that is fitted over the teeth to cover cracks and other imperfections, including stains. Cosmetic flaws that veneers can help with include:
- Cracked teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Tooth discoloration
- Gaps between teeth
- Poorly shaped or sized teeth
Veneers were first invented in 1928 by Charles Pincus, a California dentist who developed them so that actors could use them to quickly improve the appearance of their teeth prior to film shoots. Since then, veneers have markedly improved, and today they represent a durable and predictable solution to the cosmetic imperfections that burden our smiles.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
There are numerous benefits to porcelain veneers. These include:
- Effective and Efficient: Whether your teeth are cracked, chipped, discolored, or if you’d like to change the shape and size of your teeth, porcelain veneers may be the ideal solution for you. Generally preferred to dental bonding, porcelain veneers look just like natural teeth – your friends and family will hardly be able to tell the difference, and they will love your new smile.
- Fast Procedure: Porcelain veneers do not require an involved Procedure for placement. In just 2 visits, you can enjoy the blemish-free smile you deserve.
- Stain Resistant: Porcelain veneers are popular options for patients who suffer from tooth discoloration. Depending on the extent and grade of the discoloration, teeth-whitening may not be an effective option. In these cases, porcelain veneers may be perfect for you. Not only can they help cover stains, but they’re also resistant to them! That means that you can enjoy a brilliantly white smile, without having to worry about the problem recurring in the future.
- Durable: If well maintained, a porcelain veneer can continue to benefit you for 10–30 years. At PGA Dentistry, we use only the best materials and the latest, safest procedural techniques, so you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest quality treatment in the South Florida area.
- Smile Makeover: Porcelain veneers can completely transform a smile in just 2 visits to our Palm Beach Gardens, FL dental office. They are also compatible with other dental treatments, including teeth whitening, fillings, and dental bridges. With porcelain veneers at PGA Dentistry you know that your dental health is receiving comprehensive treatment that will address your needs.
Porcelain Veneers And Your Health
Many people don’t realize just how much our smiles matter. Did you know that 1 in 3 people you meet will notice your smile before they see anything else? Our teeth play a major role in determining how others perceive us. According to recent survey data published by Kelton Research, tooth imperfections can make us appear less trustworthy, less attractive, and less intelligent. These social biases, in turn, can take a toll on our emotional wellbeing. If we are unhappy with our teeth, not only can we lose confidence, but changes in how others treat us can also damage our self-esteem and self-image.
Smile imperfections, such as physical damage and tooth loss, can result in anxiety and depression. In a recent study, researchers compared 2 groups of patients and found that those suffering from dental health issues are more likely to suffer from depression. If left to fester, unhappiness can get worse and it can put your wellbeing at risk. By concealing stains, cracks, and other flaws, porcelain veneers can provide you with a killer first impression. Treating yourself to a smile you’ll be happy with is a strong first step towards restoring your confidence. Boost your quality of life with porcelain veneers, you deserve it.
LET YOUR TEETH SHINE AT PGA DENTISTRY
At PGA Dentistry, you are our chief concern. We endeavor, day and night, to provide you the highest quality dental care in South Florida. That is why our staff is constantly training to learn the latest in medical technology and innovation. If you’re ready for a smile you’ll be happy with, contact our Palm Beach Gardens, FL dental office to schedule your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Ajmo.