A porcelain dental crown is a “cap” that is placed over a damaged tooth to help restore shape, size, strength or appearance. When cemented into place, the crown encases the entire visible portion of your tooth at and above the gum line. Although they are available in a different materials, porcelain is the preferred material because it provides a better natural color match and is suitable for people with metal allergies.
Reasons Dentists Commonly Use Crowns
Porcelain dental crowns may be used in the following types of common situations:
- Holding dental bridges in place
- Covering misshaped or discolored teeth
- Covering dental implants to make a cosmetic modification
- Protecting teeth that have been weakened by decay or trauma
- Restoring broken or cracked teeth, or teeth that have been worn down
- Covering teeth with large fillings.
6 Ways Porcelain Crowns Can Benefit Your Smile
- Improved Appearance. Do you have teeth that have been cracked, chipped or damaged over the years? Do you find yourself hiding your smile because of your damaged or discolored teeth? If so, porcelain crowns could be a good solution to fix your smile’s appearance. Because of the shape, texture, and color of the porcelain material used, porcelain crowns can be made to look just like natural teeth. So get ready to smile again and show off your beautifully restored teeth!
- Enhanced Comfort. Because of the exceptional quality of porcelain, crowns made from the material can be molded to comfortably fit the shape, color, and texture of almost any bite and smile. And when your teeth look and feel real, you can get back to eating, chewing, and smiling just like you did before your teeth were damaged.
- Durable Stability. When selecting tooth repair options, patients are often concerned with the ability of the replacement product to let them bite and chew normally. Additionally, no one wants to invest in a product that will need to be replaced within a short period because it doesn’t last. Porcelain crowns are strong, long-lasting and can help protect damaged teeth.
- Superior Functionality. If you have ever had cracked or damaged teeth, you know the sting of sensitivity and sometimes pain that comes along with the damage. Most patients want to fix this problem and get back to their normal functionality as soon as possible. Porcelain crowns beautifully cover those damaged teeth and restore both strength and bite capability once more.
- Restored Confidence. People smile about 50 times a day on average. However, when your teeth are cracked, discolored or damaged, you don’t feel confident with your appearance and you smile less frequently. With porcelain crowns, Dr. Ajmo can give you back that confident smile, letting people focus on your overall appearance, rather than painful and unattractive damaged teeth. Get back to smiling 50 or more times a day with porcelain crowns!
- Easy Maintenance. Today’s tooth repair options need to be easy for patients to clean and care for. Porcelain crowns are a great way for patients to get great results with no extra maintenance. And because of the stain resistant quality of porcelain, your beautiful crowns can restore the bright white smile that you thought you had lost forever. Moreover, with daily brushing, flossing, and regular dental visits, your porcelain crowns can last for years. But remember just because the tooth is crowned with strong and durable porcelain, does not mean the tooth is protected from decay or gum disease. You will still need to follow good oral hygiene practices, especially in the area where the gum meets the bottom of the crown. Daily use of antibacterial mouth rinse is also highly recommended.
COME SEE DR. AJMO TO FIX YOUR SMILE TODAY!
Here at PGA Dentistry, we take pride in providing our patients with superior dental care at reasonable prices. No one enjoys having cracked, chipped or damaged teeth, but Dr. Ajmo and his wonderful staff can help you resolve your dental woes by crafting beautiful, comfortable, and long-lasting porcelain crowns! Don’t wait another day to fix painful, unattractive teeth. You deserve a gorgeous and confident smile! If you live in the Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, Stuart or Boca Raton, FL areas, Call Us Today to set up an appointment.