If you have been considering cosmetic dentistry in Palm Beach Gardens, consider this as well: Not all dentists are trained and experienced in all aspects of dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry is not taught in dental school – and it takes years of advanced, post-doctoral training and practice to achieve the most natural, long-lasting, aesthetically pleasing results. That’s why so many of your Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter neighbors have chosen PGA Dentistry and Dr. Jay Ajmo for their cosmetic dental work. Just check out all these before and afters! They discovered for themselves that Dr. Ajmo’s motto – change your smile, change your life – is absolutely true!
Here are 5 of the top things to look for when vetting your own cosmetic dentist:
Training, Experience, & Expertise
It’s worth repeating: not all dentists have training or experience in all aspects of dentistry – even if they call themselves cosmetic dentists. Always check your dentist’s credentials.
Passionate about cosmetic dentistry and offering nothing less than the best to his Palm Beach Gardens patients, Dr. Ajmo believes in continuing education and it shows! His training includes:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, Emory University School of Dentistry
- Board Certified, American Board of Oral Implantology
- Board Certified, International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate Certified, International Dental Implant Association
- Mastership, Misch International Implant Institute
- Masters, Rosenthal Institute for Aesthetic Dentistry
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Intravenous (IV) Sedation trained – Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center
Patients can’t say enough about Dr. Ajmo’s ability:
“Outstanding, meticulous attention to detail, calm, and reassuring environment. Dr. Ajmo is sincere and compassionate and always takes the time to carefully explain your personalized treatment plan. You never feel rushed. I’ve researched several dentists and Dr. Ajmo’s credentials are second to none!! Exceptional high-quality state-of-the-art dental care. The entire staff is amazing!” – Melissa C.
“Dr. Ajmo and his staff are consummate professionals. Every part of my extensive work was performed with care and exceptional skill. Every part of the procedure to be done was explained and all my questions were answered….I am not one taken to writing fan letters, so when I tell you this is a great place to have your dental needs taken care of I truly mean it.” – Andrew D.
Investments in Technology
In addition to training and experience, it is always important to investigate your cosmetic dentist’s technology. Advanced technology allows your dentist to offer:
- Painless procedures
- Ease and convenience
- Superior and more predictable results
Some of the technology Dr. Ajmo of Palm Beach Gardens’ PGA Dentistry has invested in includes:
- Soft Tissue Lasers – Dr. Ajmo uses soft-tissue lasers for comfortable, virtually painless procedures from the treatment of gum disease to reshaping the gum line. Our soft-tissue diode laser offers a higher level of accuracy, reduced healing time, and little to no bleeding.
- 3D CT Scan – This 3D technology provides an incredibly detailed view of underlying oral structures that are not visible to the naked eye. Dr. Ajmo uses this 3D scan primarily during the planning phase of dental implant placement, but when necessary, it also gives us a clear picture of your oral and facial structure to support whatever your procedural needs.
- Intraoral cameras – During your routine check-up, we’ll use a tiny camera to snap close-up pictures of your teeth and gums. Projected onto the in-room monitor, these images will act as visual aids as Dr. Ajmo explains his findings and your treatment options.
- Digital imaging – Our patients love the fact that digital imaging allows us to show them precisely how their smiles can look like after full-mouth restorations or smile makeovers. You can even take your previews home to show your family and get their opinions.
Comforts and Amenities
Of course, skill and experience are the most important things to look for in a Palm Beach Gardens cosmetic dentist. But once you are in the chair, wouldn’t it be nice to know that you are also going to be comforted and pampered to the nth degree? Dr. Ajmo is not only certified to provide advanced sedation dentistry (link), he and his staff go out of their way to help you relax with:
- A luxurious and spa-like environment
- Soft, warm blankets to keep you cozy
- Indulgent, warm-paraffin wax treatments
- Massage chairs
- Music videos in the room
- Noise-canceling headphones and quiet handpieces, so that you won’t be disturbed by the sounds associated with some dental procedures
What’s more, we always take our time with you, explaining each step of your procedure, answering your questions, and making sure you are absolutely at ease.
Safety and Sterilization
While sterilization and patient safety have always been vital to consider when choosing a dentist, these days, it is more important than ever. We suggest you research the sterilization and safety techniques of any dentist you are considering, even if it is for general dentistry.
At PGA Dentistry, we’ve raised our standards even higher to keep up with the times! In fact, our patients are always surprised at how far ahead we are. By implementing sterilization and disinfection protocols far beyond guidelines recommended by the CDC and ADA, we know we’re offering our patients the highest level of care available in modern dentistry. Our areas of focus include:
- Sterilization of instruments and handpieces used for our patients
- Disinfection of all equipment and surfaces in our facility
- Controlling aerosol water spray from dental handpieces and ultrasonic scalers
- Air quality in our facility
- Water quality used for our patients
“VERY Clean in this COVID-19 era. I don’t like the dentist office, but they made me feel comfortable. I really appreciate how they focus on you while you’re there.” – RPXXPR
Before & Afters and Testimonials
No matter how much training a dentist has had or how much cosmetic dentistry they have performed, to be sure they have the style and artistry you prefer, always check out their before and afters. Accomplished cosmetic dentists like Dr. Ajmo are proud to show off their work. And happy patients are always glad to share their experiences as well.
If cosmetic dentistry from PGA Dentistry and Palm Beach Gardens beloved Dr. Ajmo sounds just like what you have been looking for, call to schedule your complimentary consultation today. We even offer complimentary 2nd opinions!